查看原文
其他

​视频 | Nature Is Speaking系列选(7-8),学习英语好资源

英语教学 2021-09-19


7 Coral Reef 珊瑚



I am coral.

我是珊瑚礁。

Some people think I'm just a rock.

有些人认为我只是岩石。

When, in fact, I'm the largest thing alive on this planet.

但事实上,我是这个星球最大的生命体。

I'm so big, I can be seen from space. But for how long?

大到从太空都可以看到我。但还能持续多久?

I grew for almost 250 million years and humans came along and now one fifth of me is gone.

我来到这里大约2.5亿年后人类出现了,从那时起我已经失去了我的五分之一。

Sure, l live at the bottom of the sea. And you might not see me that often.

是的,我生活在海底,你们很少能见到我。

But you do need me.

但是你们需要我。

Do you realize that one quarter of all marine life depends on me?

你们知道有四分之一的海洋生物都依赖我生存吗?

I am the nursery of the sea.

我是海洋生物的栖息地。

Little fish depend on me for food and to hide from the big fish.

我为小鱼提供食物,为它们提供躲避大鱼追捕的庇护所。

And guess who eats the big fish?

猜猜谁吃大鱼呢?

That's right. You do.

是的。是你们。

I'm the protein factory for the world.

我是全世界的蛋白质工厂。

Yet you raise the temperature of the ocean so I can't live here anymore.

但你们却让海洋温度不断升高,使我无法继续生存。

And when big storms and tsunamis barrel through the ocean, I'm your fortress.

当风暴和海啸灾大洋上呼啸而过时,是我在为你们遮挡。

Yet you tear me apart with dynamite and poison me with cyanide.

然而你们却用炸药把我撕碎,用氰化物来毒害我。

Well, here's a crazy thought: Stop killing me.

我有一个疯狂的想法:停止伤害我。 


8 Flower 花


I am a flower.

我是花。

Yes, I'm beautiful. I've heard it before and it never grows old.

是的,我很美。人们常这么说,而且从来不会变老。

I'm worshiped for my looks, my scent, my looks.

人们崇拜我的长相,我的气味,我的容貌。

But here's the thing. Life starts with me.

但是事情是这样的,生活由我而起。

You see I feed people. Every fruit comes from me.

你看,我在哺育人类。每个水果来自于我。

Every potato. Me.

每个土豆,来自于我。

Every kernel of corn. Me. Every grain of rice. Me.

每粒玉米,来自于我。每颗麦子也来自于我。

Me, me, me, I know. But it's true.

我,我,我,我知道,但这是真的。

And sometimes I feed their souls.

有时人类的心灵也会需要我。

I am their words when they have none.

当你无法表达时候,我可以帮你说出。

I say “I love you,” without a sound. “I'm sorry,” without a voice.

我说“我爱你”不带一个声响。“我很抱歉,”没有一个声音。

I inspire the greatest of them.

我是启发伟人的源泉。

Painters, poets, pattern makers. I've been a muse to them all.

画家,诗人,模型师。我一直是他们的缪斯。

But in my experience, people underestimate the power of a pretty little flower.

但以我的经验,人们低估了一朵漂亮小花的力量。

Because their life does start with me and it could end without me.

因为他们的生活确实由我而起,也可以由我而终。 



小编微信:aiyingyu66,朋友圈也精彩


在看你就点点
: . Video Mini Program Like ,轻点两下取消赞 Wow ,轻点两下取消在看

您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存